Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city, center of Kirzhach Raion, Vladimir Oblast, RSFSR. Situated on the Kirzhach River, a tributary of the Kliaz’ma, 125 km west of the city of Vladimir. Railroad station on the Aleksandrov-Orekhovo-Zuevo line. Population, 22,000 (1970).
Kirzhach has a silk combine, a plant for the production of tools, a cannery, furniture and garment factories, and a logging and timber distribution establishment.
The city has been known since the 14th century. With the formation of the Vladimir Namestnichestvo (vicegerency) in 1778, it was made an administrative center of a district.