Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city (since 1940) and administrative center of Kletsk Raion, Minsk Oblast, Byelorussian SSR, 2 km from the Kletsk railroad station on the Baranovichi-Tsentral’nye-Osipovichi line.
Knowledge of Kletsk (under the name Klechesk) dates from the 11th century. It became a city in 1127. In the 11th and 12th centuries it was the center of the Kletsk Old Slavic Principality, in Dregovichian territory. The city has a cannery, a winery, and a creamery.