the remains of the estate of a 14th-century Mongolian feudal lord; located 10 km south of the village of Kondui, Borzia Raion, Chita Oblast.
The site was investigated by S. V. Kiselev in 1957–58. Excavations revealed the remains of a palace atop a 2-m high platform of earth and stone; the palace occupied an area measuring 2,500 sq m. It was surrounded by two-tiered terraces with ramps. On the lower terrace, the beams of the balustrade rested on stone sculptures of dragons. In the central hall (130 sq m), 20 wooden columns stood on granite bases. The multitiered roof was covered with glazed tiles; it was decorated with figures of dragons, birds, and other animals in relief.
REFERENCESKiselev, S. V. “Drevnie goroda Zabaikal’ia.” Sovetskaia arkheologiia, 1958, no. 4.
Drevenmongol’skie goroda. Moscow, 1965.