Konstantin Nikitovich Beliak
Beliak, Konstantin Nikitovich
Born Jan. 8 (21), 1916, at Petrovskii Zavod railroad station, now the city of Petrovsk-Zabaikal’skii, Chita Oblast. Soviet state and party figure. Member of the CPSU since 1942.
The son of a railroad worker, Beliak graduated from the Tomsk Polytechnic Institute in 1940. Between 1930 and 1932 he was first a mechanic and then an assistant locomotive engineer in Ulan-Ude. Between 1940 and 1947 he was a technician, a senior technician, a Komsomol organizer for the Central Committee of the All-Union Lenin Communist Youth League, and head of a factory shop in Novosibirsk. In 1947 and 1948 he taught at the Moscow Academy of Aviation Technology.
From 1948 to 1957, Beliak served as director at a series of aviation plants. From 1957 to 1965 he was chairman of the council of the national economy for the Voronezh and Central Chernozem economic regions. In the period from 1965 to 1973 he was initially deputy minister and then first deputy minister of tractor building and agricultural machine building of the USSR. In 1973 he was named minister of machine building for animal husbandry and fodder production of the USSR. He became a candidate member of the Central Committee of the CPSU in March 1976 and a member in October.
Beliak was a deputy to the sixth, ninth and tenth convocations of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. He has been awarded two Orders of Lenin, the Order of the October Revolution, four other orders, and various medals.