Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city, the administrative center of Konstantinovsk Raion, Rostov Oblast, RSFSR.
Konstantinovsk is a landing on the right bank of the Don River, 25 km southeast of the Ust’-Donetskaia railroad station (the terminus of a spur off the Likhaia-Rostov-on-Don line). It has ship-repair workshops, a fish-processing factory, a creamery and cheese dairy, a brickyard, and a building materials combine. There is an incubator station. Konstantinovsk has an agricultural technicum and a pedagogical school. The city arose in the 17th century as the cossack farmstead (khutor) of Babskii. In the 1860’s, it became a stanitsa (large cossack village) and was re-named Konstantinovskaia; from 1941 to 1967 it was a settlement.