a light cruiser of the USSR Navy.
The ship was launched in 1915 with the name Svetlana; after additional building in 1924—28, it was renamed the Profintern and then joined the Red Banner Baltic Fleet. Its displacement was 7,000 tons. Its engines were 50,000-hp steam turbines (36.78 megawatts), and its maximum cruising speed was 29.5 knots (54.5 km/hr). Its armament included 15 130-mm guns, four 100-mm guns, four 45-mm guns, 10 37-mm guns, and two triple-tube 533-mm torpedo launchers. In 1929–30 it was transferred from the Baltic to the Black Sea and joined the Black Sea Fleet. During the 1930’s it was renamed the Krasnyi Krym.
During the Great Patriotic War of 1941–45 it participated successfully in the defense of Odessa, distinguished itself during the landing of a marine party in the Grigor’evka region (near Odessa), and performed 150 combat missions in the Odessa region with the objective of providing artillery support to ground forces. It later took part in the fighting to defend Sevastopol’ and the Caucasus. In June 1942 the ship was awarded the title of “guards” for its heroic actions. After the war it became a training ship and was later decommissioned.