a village in Pskov Oblast destroyed by the Hitlerites during the Great Patriotic War of 1941–45.
Before the war, Krasukha was part of the Krasnaia Krasukha Kolkhoz, in Leningrad Oblast. In November 1943 an automobile driven by the Nazis was blown up by a mine not far from Krasukha. In reprisal, 280 inhabitants of Krasukha and refugees living there were shot by a punitive expedition and the village was burned down. In July 1968 a granite memorial entitled The Grieving Woman From Pskov was unveiled on the site of the destroyed village. The monument was designed by the Leningrad sculptor A. P. Usachenko (the Prize of the Leninist Komsomol, 1970).