Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city, administrative center of Komi-Permiak National Okrug, Perm’ Oblast, RSFSR; located on the In’va River (in the Kama Basin) at the influx of the Kuva River. A highway junction 104 km north of the Mendeleevo railroad station (on the Kirov-Perm’ line) and 106 km from the Pozhva landing (on the Kama). Population, 26,000 (1972).
Kudymkar arose in the 16th century. Its rapid growth began in 1925, when it became the center of the national okrug; in 1931 it was transformed into an urban-type settlement, and in 1938, into a city. Kudymkar has a lumber complex, a mechanical-repair plant, an iron-casting plant, a flax-processing plant, a creamery, a furniture factory, a fruit-and-vegetable cannery, and a meat-packing combine. There are forestry and agricultural technicums and medical and pedagogic schools in the city, as well as a drama theater and a museum of local lore.