Kuibyshev, University of

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Kuibyshev, University of

 

founded in 1969 in the city of Kuibyshev. (The University of Samara, which had been founded in 1918, was closed in 1927.)

As of 1973, the University of Kuibyshev included departments of the humanities (Russian language and literature, Romance and Germanic languages, history, and law), mechanics and mathematics, physics, and chemistry and biology. There is a preparatory division, as well as a graduate school. The university has 31 subdepartments, 55 scientific research and teaching laboratories, a computer center, an isotope center, a biological station, botanical gardens, a zoological museum, and a library. During the academic year 1972–73, 1,400 students were enrolled in the University of Kuibyshev, and there were about 150 teachers, including 60 with academic degrees and titles.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mentioned in ?