Lavrovskii, Konstantin Petrovich
Born Nov. 7 (19), 1898, in the village of Martynovka, present-day Asekeevo Raion, Orenburg Oblast; died Mar. 7, 1972, in Moscow. Soviet organic chemist; corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1953). Became a member of the CPSU in 1920.
Lavrovskii graduated from Moscow University in 1925. He worked at the State Scientific Research Institute of Petroleum from 1930 to 1934 and then in the petroleum industry (he participated in the establishment of the Second Baku petroleum refineries). In 1942 he began working at the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (he became the head of the laboratory at the Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis in 1958). His main works are devoted to petrochemistry and petroleum refining technology, as well as to organic catalysis. Lavrovskii was awarded the N.D. Zelinskii Prize (1950), three orders, and medals.