a city and administrative center of Lipetsk Oblast, RSFSR, situated on both banks of the Don River, 62 km northwest of Lipetsk. A railroad station on the Elets-Troekurovo line.
Lebedian’ produces machinery, instruments, construction-finishing machines, refined sugar, canned goods, and bricks. It has a Soviet trade technicum, an agricultural technicum, and a teachers school. Lebedian’ was first settled in the 16th century and was incorporated as a city in 1779.