Leningrad Institute of Textiles and Light Industry

Leningrad Institute of Textiles and Light Industry

 

(full name, S. M. Kirov Leningrad Institute of Textiles and Light Industry), an institute founded in 1930 and named after S. M. Kirov in 1935.

In 1973 the institute included departments of technology, chemical technology, mechanical engineering, sewing, leather and footwear, and engineering economics, as well as evening study and correspondence study; it has a preparatory section, a graduate school, 34 subdepartments, a special problems laboratory, a sectorial laboratory, and educational-production workshops. The library has about 400,000 books. During the 1972–73 academic year there were approximately 6,000 students and more than 500 instructors and scientific workers, including 35 professors and doctors of science and 240 docents and candidates of science. The institute offers doctor’s and candidate’s degrees. The journal of the institute, Trudy, has been published since 1936. Between 1930 and 1972 more than 16,000 specialists were trained there.

L. IA. TERESHCHENKO

Encyclopedia browser ?
Full browser ?