Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city in Kursk Oblast, RSFSR, situated on both banks of the Seim River, a tributary of the Desna, 80 km west of Kursk. A railroad junction for lines to Briansk, Kursk, Kharkov, and Vorozhba. Population, 26,000 (1972).
L’gov has an important food-processing industry that produces sugar, wine, canned milk, and meat and poultry. The city is the site of an automobile-repair plant and plants manufacturing reinforced-concrete products and machine fittings. Its cultural and educational institutions include a medical school, the A. Gaidar Memorial Literary Museum, and a people’s amateur theater. L’gov, known since the 12th century, became a city in 1779.