Mezosphere | Article about Mezosphere by The Free Dictionary
mesosphere (redirected from Mezosphere)
Also found in: Dictionary
mesosphere: see atmosphereatmosphere
[Gr.,=sphere of air], the mixture of gases surrounding a celestial body with sufficient gravity to maintain it. Although some details about the atmospheres of other planets and satellites are known, only the earth's atmosphere has been well studied, the science of
..... Click the link for more information. .
the atmospheric layer above the stratosphere, having an altitude from 50–55 to 80 km. It is characteristic of the mesosphere that the temperature decreases with altitude from approximately 0°C at the lower boundary of the layer to -90°C at the upper boundary.
The atmospheric shell between about 28-35 and 50-60 miles (45-55 and 80-95 kilometers), extending from the top of the stratosphere to the mesopause; characterized by a temperature that generally decreases with altitude.
The layer of atmosphere lying above the stratosphere and which extends from approximately 30 to 50 miles (50–80 km) above the sea level. The layer is characterized by a decreasing temperature, which ends at the mesosphere, where the lowest temperatures are encountered in the atmosphere.
1. the atmospheric layer lying between the stratosphere and the thermosphere, characterized by a rapid decrease in temperature with height
2. the solid part of the earth's mantle lying between the asthenosphere and the core
- Mezhdusharskii Island
- Mezhelaitis, Eduardas
- Mezhelaitis, Eduardas Beniaminovich
- Mezheninov, Sergei
- Mezheninov, Sergei Aleksandrovich
- Mezhirov, Aleksandr
- Mezhirov, Aleksandr Petrovich
- Mezhlauk, Ivan
- Mezhlauk, Ivan Ivanovich
- Mezhlauk, Valerii
- Mezhlauk, Valerii Ivanovich
- Mezhov, Vladimir
- Mezhov, Vladimir Izmailovich
- Mezin Site
- Mežotne Site
- Mezrina, Anna
- Mezrina, Anna Afanasevna
- mezzanine card