Mikhail Gavrilovich Slinko
Slin’ko, Mikhail Gavrilovich
Born Sept. 2 (15), 1914, in Moscow. Soviet chemist. Corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1966). Member of the CPSU since 1943.
Slin’ko began working at the State Institute for the Design of Enterprises of the Heavy Chemical Industry in 1932. Upon graduation from Moscow State University in 1941, Slin’ko served in the Soviet Army. In the years 1946-56, he worked at the L. Ia. Karpov Institute of Physical Chemistry. From 1956 to 1959 he worked on the staff of the Central Committee of the CPSU; from 1959 to 1976 he was deputy director of the Institute of Catalysis of the Siberian Division of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. In 1976 he became deputy director of the L. Ia. Karpov Institute of Physical Chemistry.
Slin’ko’s research has dealt mainly with the creation of mathematical models of catalytic processes and chemical reactors. He has also studied the theoretical basis of chemical technology, industrial catalysis, and the kinetics of catalytic processes.
Slin’ko received the State Prize of the USSR in 1946 and the Lenin Prize in 1960. He has been awarded two Orders of Lenin, four other orders, and several medals.