mil(redirected from Mil (disambiguation))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial.
1. a unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch
2. an obsolete pharmaceutical unit of volume equal to one millilitre
3. a unit of angular measure, used in gunnery, equal to one sixty-four-hundredth of a circumference
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A unit of angular measure which, due to nonuniformity of usage, may have any one of three values: 0.001 radian or approximately 0.0572958°; 1/6400 of a full revolution or 0.05625°; 1/1000 of a right angle or 0.09°.
A unit of length, equal to 0.001 inch, or to 2.54 × 10-5 meter. Also known as milli-inch; thou.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A unit of measure equal to a thousandth of an inch (0.0254 mm).
2. On drawings, abbr. for “military.”
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
The top-level domain for entities affiliated with US armed forces.
This article is provided by FOLDOC - Free Online Dictionary of Computing (foldoc.org)
milAn Internet address domain name for a military agency. See Internet address.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.