Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. another name for milling machine
2. a person who operates a milling machine
3. any of various pale coloured or white moths, especially the medium-sized noctuid Apatele leporina
04. an edible basidiomycetous fungus, Clitopilus prunulus, with a white funnel-shaped cap and pinkish spores, often forming rings in grass
1. Arthur. born 1915, US dramatist. His plays include Death of a Salesman (1949), The Crucible (1953), A View from the Bridge (1955), and Mr Peters' Connections (1998)
2. (Alton) Glenn. 1904--44, US composer, trombonist, and band leader. His popular compositions include "Moonlight Serenade". During World War II he was leader of the US Air Force band in Europe. He disappeared without trace on a flight between England and France
3. Henry (Valentine). 1891--1980, US novelist, author of Tropic of Cancer (1934) and Tropic of Capricorn (1938)
4. Hugh 1802--56, Scottish geologist and writer
5. Sir Jonathan (Wolfe). born 1934, British doctor, actor, and theatre director. His productions include Shakespeare, Ibsen, and Chekhov as well as numerous operas. He has also presented many television medical programmes
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.