Mentioned in ?
- Adherent to
- algebraic surface
- Arroyo Seco Historic Parkway - Route 110
- base for the neighborhood system
- basic solution
- bifurcation theory
- boundary point
- Boundary Point of a Set
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Carathéodory's principle
- Cauchy net
- Cauchy principal value
- cellular automaton
- cluster point
- Code enforcement
References in periodicals archive ?
It is famous for its diversity of heritage and tourist sites, such as castles, forts, markets and ancient neighbourhoods, that are frequented by visitors.
Neighbourhood mobility in context: household moves and changing neighbourhoods in the Netherlands.
(1) Factors that make neighbourhoods more walkable include pedestrian amenities such as sidewalks, crosswalks, curb cuts and traffic lights; street connectivity; mixed-land use; and the presence of a variety of destinations within walking distance, features typically found in urban more than suburban neighbourhoods.
Washington, Oct 7 (ANI): People living in bad neighbourhoods have a depressing effect on their health, found two Iowa State University researchers.
See also Melanie Tebbutt, Women's Talk: A Social History of 'Gossip' in Working-Class Neighbourhoods, 1880-1960 (Aldershot, 1995): 87-91, and Ross McKibbin, "Why Was There No Marxism in Britain," in The Ideologies of Class: Social Relations in Britain, 1880-1950 (Oxford & New York, 1991): 11.
Children living in lower income neighbourhoods are more often overweight or obese.
These are the issues which the residents of Peckham, and of many other similar neighbourhoods across Britain, have to contend with every day.
Nearly 90% (87.5%) of these companies said they sometimes or always recruited in low-income neighbourhoods and three-quarters indicated that some of their workers came from these areas Two-thirds had at least some workers with less than a high school education All had at least some black workers, and most employed workers from other minority groups as well.
Although a significant amount of research has shown that adults living in urban neighbourhoods walk more and have a lower body-mass index (BMI) than their suburban counterparts, other studies have found that this association is not consistent in all urban neighbourhoods or with all demographic groups.
The Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy calls for a three level government effort to target the neighborhoods to begin by Dec.
See Ellen Ross, "Survival Networks: Women's Neighbourhood Sharing In London Before World War I," History Workshop, 15 (Spring 1983): 4-27; Elizabeth Roberts, A Woman's Place: An Oral History of Working Class Women 1890-1940, (Oxford, 1984, 1996); Ellen Ross, "'Not the Sort that Would Sit on the Doorstep': Respectability in Pre-World War I London Neighborhoods," International Labor and Working Class History, 27 (Spring 1985): 39-59; Melanie Tebbutt, Women's Talk?: A Social History of 'Gossip' in Working-class Neighbourhoods, 1880-1960 (Aldershot, 1997).
TORONTO -- A dramatic increase in the number of poor neighbourhoods in Toronto and an increased concentration of poor families in higher poverty neighbourhoods in the last 20 years is presented in a report from the United Way of Greater Toronto, Poverty by Postal Code: The Geography of Neighbourhood Poverty, which identifies levels of poverty by postal code.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Nehru, Motilal
- Nehru, Rameshwari
- Neiburg, Mariia
- Neiburg, Mariia Fedorovna
- Neibut, Arnold
- Neibut, Arnold Iakovlevich
- Neidhart von Reuental
- Neigauz, Genrikh
- Neigauz, Genrikh Gustavovich
- Neighbor Day
- neighbor effect
- Neighborhood of a Point
- neighboring-group participation
- Neil Armstrong
- Neil Simon
- Neill, Alexander Sutherland
- Neil's parabola
- Neilson, James Beaumont
- Neilson, William Allan
- Neiman, Leonid
- Neiman, Leonid Robertovich
- Neiman, Leroy
- Neisser, Albert Ludwig
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Nejedlý, Vit
- Nejedlý, Zdenek
Full browser ?
- Neighbourhood Management Team
- Neighbourhood Old Age Homes
- Neighbourhood Park
- Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Neighbourhood Police Centre Officer
- Neighbourhood Police Post
- Neighbourhood Policing
- Neighbourhood Policing
- Neighbourhood Question Bank
- Neighbourhood Renewal Board
- Neighbourhood Renewal Fund
- Neighbourhood Renewal Programme
- Neighbourhood Renewal Unit
- Neighbourhood Renewal Working Group
- Neighbourhood Road Safety Initiative
- Neighbourhood Specialist Officer
- Neighbourhood Statistics Housing Working Group
- Neighbourhood Support New Zealand
- Neighbourhood system
- Neighbourhood TAVIS
- neighbourhood warden
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Neighbourhood Watch (UK)
- Neighbourhood Watch Alliance
- Neighbourhood Watch Group
- Neighbourhood Watch London
- Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
- Neighbourhood Watch Stilts International
- neighbourhood watches
- Neighbourhoods and Community Care
- Neighbourhoods of the Philippines
- Neighbouring group participation
- Neighbouring Rights Collective of Canada
- Neighbours from hell
- Neighbours From Hell in Britain
- Neighbours Organic Weekly Buying Clubs
- Neighbours' Alliance of North York
- Neighorhood Legal Services Association
- Neiill-Dingwall syndrome
- Neijing Suwen