Also found in: Wikipedia.
a 13th- and 14th-century monastery complex near the village of Amagu, in Ekhegnadzor Raion, Armenian SSR. The Karapet Church (1221–27), a domed hall with two-story chapels, is part of the complex. In addition, there is a vestibule, which was constructed in 1261. Also in the monastery are the tomb-church of St. Gregory (1275, architect Siranes), which is in the form of a vaulted hall, and the two-story Church of Astvatsatsin (1339), which has a burial vault on the first floor and a funeral temple on the second. Both inside and outside the 18th-century walls are ruins of various civic buildings (13th to 18th centuries) and khachkary (medieval Armenian steles).