Novozybkov Agricultural Experiment Station

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Novozybkov Agricultural Experiment Station

 

(full name, Novozybkov Agricultural Experiment Station of the D. N. Prianishnikov All-Union Order of the Red Banner of Labor Research Institute of Fertilizers and Soil Science), an experiment station established in the city of Novozybkov (present-day Briansk Oblast) in 1916. As of 1972, the station had divisions of farming of sandy soils, fertilizers, breeding of cereals and legumes, plant protection, and seed production, as well as an experimental farm. Zoned varieties developed by workers at the station include Bystrorastushchii 4 lupine, Skorospelaia 3587 serradella, and Novozybkovskaia 4 and Krupnozernaia winter rye. The station has resident graduate study. Since 1955 it has published Trudy (Transactions).

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mentioned in ?