Odoev

Odoev

 

an urban-type settlement and the administrative center of Odoev Raion, Tula Oblast, RSFSR. It lies on the left bank of the Upa River (a tributary of the Oka), 24 km north of the Arsen’evo railroad station on the Gorbachevo-Kozel’sk line. The main enterprises are a dairy, a cannery, and a poultry hatchery. Odoev is first mentioned in historical sources in the second half of the 14th century, when it belonged to the Odoevskii princes. From 1407 to the middle of the 15th century, it was part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

References in periodicals archive ?
The monastery had informed him that its estates crossed the divide between the "land" city (district) of Odoev and the oprichnina city (district) of Belev.
The sources synchronous to the session of the Zemsky Sobor registered the presence of representatives from 25 provincial towns in the capital, Belgorod, Borovsk, Bryansk, Vladimir, Vologda, Kadom, Kalyazin, Kashira, Kolomna, Kursk, Mtsensk, Murom, Novosil, Odoev, Oskol, Pogoreloe Gorodische, Rostov, Ryazan, Suzdal, Torzhok, Toropets, Tula, Ustyuzhna Zhelezopolskaya, Chern, and Yaroslavl.