(also Khoshavank), a medieval Armenian monastery near Ani (now Turkish territory, in the vilayet of Kars). The monastery includes the Church of St. John, which dates to the first half of the tenth century and is located on a plateau. The church has a gavit (a semisecular room; 1020–38), whose central section is covered with a tentlike roof that has an opening for light. The side sections are roofed with carved stone ceilings and consist of burial vaults, a book repository (1272; architect Frer), and chapels.
Below, near the Akhurian River, are located the churches of Minas (943–953) and Gevork (1013–21). All the churches of Oromosavank are cruciform domed halls, whose central domes are supported by pillars that are attached to the walls. Near the monastery is a distinctive 13th-century triumphal gate, which is crowned by two chapels.