Os’kin, Aleksandr Ivanovich
Born Aug. 6 (19), 1912, in the village of Nefedkino, in what is now Pokhvistnevo Raion, Kuibyshev Oblast; died Aug. 10, 1971, in Moscow. Agricultural production innovator. Candidate of agricultural sciences (1956). Member of the CPSU from 1939.
In 1935, Os’kin became a combine operator at the Ilek Machine-Tractor Station in Orenburg Oblast, and that year harvested 716 hectares (ha) with a Kommunar (SZK) combine; the norm was 160 ha. Between 1936 and 1942 he and his brother Arkhip Ivanovich harvested grain from a total area of 37,451 ha, or an average of 5,350 ha per season; the norm was 360 ha.
In 1949, Os’kin graduated from the K. A. Timiriazev Moscow Agricultural Academy and became a lecturer there; in 1962 he became a docent. He was a delegate to the Eighth Extraordinary Congress of Soviets of the USSR (1936) and the Seventeenth Extraordinary All-Russian Congress of Soviets (1937). He was also a deputy to the first convocation of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. A recipient of the State Prize of the USSR in 1951, Os’kin was awarded two Orders of Lenin, two other orders, and several medals.