Born Nov. 7, 1925, in Gyoma. Hungarian physicist. Member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (1973).
Pál graduated from the University of Budapest and from Moscow State University. In 1954 he joined the staff of the Central Research Institute for Physics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. In 1970 he became the director of the institute. In 1961 he was appointed a professor at the University of Budapest. In 1966 he was appointed to the staff of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna.
Pál’s main works deal with solid-state physics and chemistry, the use of methods of nuclear physics for the investigation of solids, chemical physics, and magnetochemistry.
Pál is a member of the Central Committee of the Hungarian Socialist Workers’ Party. In 1976 he became a foreign member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR.