Paskar’, Petr Andreevich
Born Sept. 22, 1929, in the village of Stroentsy, Rybnitsa Raion, now in the Moldavian SSR. Soviet and party official. Member of the CPSU since 1956.
The son of peasants, Paskar’ graduated from the M. V. Frunze Kishenev Agricultural Institute in 1954 and from the Higher Party School Under the Central Committee (CC) of the CPSU in 1971. Between 1954 and 1959 he worked as an agronomist and chief agronomist at a machine-tractor station and at a raion agricultural inspection service in the Moldavian SSR and served as head of inspection and chief agronomist of the inspection service of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Moldavian SSR.
A state and party official since 1959, Paskar’ served as secretary of the CC of the Communist Party (CP) of Moldavia from 1962 to 1970. He became chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Moldavian SSR in April 1970 and from February 1971 served concurrently as minister of foreign affairs of the Moldavian SSR. Since 1976 he has been first deputy chairman of the USSR State Planning Committee. At the Twenty-fourth and Twenty-fifth Party Congresses he was elected an alternate member of the CC of the CPSU. A member of the bureau of the CC of the CP of Moldavia, he was a deputy to the sixth, eighth, and ninth convocations of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. Paskar’ has been awarded two Orders of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and various medals.