Peresypkin, Ivan Terentevich
Peresypkin, Ivan Terent’evich
Born June 5 (18), 1904, in the village of Protasovo, now in Kolpny Raion, Orel Oblast. Soviet military commander, marshal of the signal troops (1944). Member of the CPSU from 1925.
Peresypkin joined the Red Army in 1919. He fought in the Civil War of 1918–20. He graduated from the Military Political School in 1924 and from the Military Electrotechnic Academy of the Workers’ and Peasants’ Red Army in 1937. In January 1938, Peresypkin was appointed military commissar and deputy chief of the Directorate of Communications of the Red Army. He was people’s commissar of communications of the USSR from May 1939 to June 1944. In the Great Patriotic War (1941–45), he was concurrently from July 1941 deputy people’s commissar of defense of the USSR and head of the Main Directorate of Communications of the Red Army. He was head of the Main Directorate of Communications of the Red Army from July 1944. Peresypkin was involved in securing communications for operations of the Western, Kalinin, Briansk, Southwestern, Don, Stalingrad, Central, First and Second Ukrainian, First Byelorussian, and First, Second, and Third Baltic fronts.
After the war, Peresypkin served as chief of the signal troops of the Soviet Army from 1946 to 1957, scientific consultant for the deputy minister of defense of the USSR from 1957, and military inspector-adviser of the Group of Inspectors General of the Ministry of Defense of the USSR from 1958. He was a deputy to the second convocation of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. He was a member of the Central Auditing Commission of the ACP (Bolshevik) from 1941 to 1952. Peresypkin was awarded four Orders of Lenin, the Order of the October Revolution, two Orders of the Red Banner, the Order of Kutuzov First Class, the Order of the Red Star, and various medals and foreign orders.