perpendicular(redirected from Perpendicular Lines)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to Perpendicular Lines: Parallel Lines
1. at right angles to a horizontal plane
2. denoting, relating to, or having the style of Gothic architecture used in England during the 14th and 15th centuries, characterized by tracery having vertical lines, a four-centred arch, and fan vaulting
3. Geometry a line or plane perpendicular to another
4. any instrument used for indicating the vertical line through a given point
5. Mountaineering a nearly vertical face
Line or plane that meets another at right angles.
Geometric objects are perpendicular if they intersect in an angle of 90°.