Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city (since 1933) under oblast jurisdiction in Sverdlovsk Oblast, RSFSR. Situated on the Chusovaia River, a tributary of the Kama. Railroad station 45 km west of Sverdlovsk. Population, 122,000 (1974; 44,000 in 1939; 90,000 in 1959). Pervoural’sk arose in 1732 in connection with the construction of an ironworks. In 1920 the ironworks began manufacturing pipes. During the years of Soviet power, a potassium bichromate plant has been reconstructed. A pipe factory has been built, as have plants that produce Dinas brick, mining and sanitary-engineering equipment, reinforced-concrete structural members, and technological equipment. Pervoural’sk has the general engineering department of the Urals Polytechnic Institute and an evening metallurgical technicum.