Pervouralsk New Pipe Plant
Pervoural’sk New Pipe Plant
a major enterprise of the metallurgical industry in the USSR. Located in the city of Pervoural’sk, Sverdlovsk Oblast, RSFSR, the plant specializes in the production of seamless steel pipes and tanks. Construction of the plant was begun in 1930. In 1934 the first cold-worked pipes were produced in the wiredrawing shop, and in 1935 the first hot-rolled pipes were manufactured in the tube-rolling shop.
At the beginning of the Great Patriotic War (1941-45), personnel and equipment evacuated from southern pipe enterprises arrived at the plant. In 1942 pipe production was twice that of 1941, and production increased continuously during subsequent years. In March 1962 the special-purpose type 30-102 continuous pipe-rolling mill went into operation. As a result of modernization, the output of pipes between 1966 and 1970 increased 24.1 percent, and labor productivity 28 percent. The 20-millionth ton of pipe produced since the opening of the plant was rolled in June 1972. Beginning in 1973 the Pervoural’sk Old Pipe Plant, which produces cold-worked seamless and arc-welded pipes, was merged with the new pipe plant. The complex has pilot plants for lining and enameling pipes.
Between 1966 and 1970 new technology was introduced in the Pervoural’sk New Pipe Plant, and existing complexes of machinery were reconstructed with minimal capital expenditures. Measures were taken to improve and intensify the use of technological processes, to mechanize and automate production processes, to introduce scientific methods into the organization of work and the supervision of production, and to involve broad circles of workers in socialist emulation. The plant was awarded the Order of Lenin in 1942, the Order of the Red Banner of Labor in 1945, and the Order of the October Revolution in 1971.
F. A. DANILOV