Sankt-Peterburgskie Vedomosti(redirected from Peterburgskie Vedomosti)
(St. Petersburg Bulletin), a Russian newspaper, the continuation of the newspaper Vedomosti. It was published in St. Petersburg by the Academy of Sciences, twice a week from 1728 and daily beginning in 1800 (from no. 187 in 1914 it was called Petrogradskie vedomosti). G. F. Miller, la. Ia. Shtellin, and M. V. Lomonosov were among its first editors.
The newspaper elucidated domestic and foreign political events, as well as science, art, industry, and trade. From 1863 to 1874, Sankt-Peterburgskie vedomosti was one of the most liberal press organs, printing articles by writers and scholars of the democratic camp. In 1875 the newspaper was placed under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Public Education. From 1905 it was close to the Octobrists. Sankt-Peterburgskie vedomosti ceased publication in 1917.