Plovdiv Electrical Equipment Plant

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Plovdiv Electrical Equipment Plant

 

a major plant in the Elprom state economic association of the Ministry of Electronics and Electrical Engineering of the People’s Republic of Bulgaria. Located in Plovdiv, the plant has three branches in other cities of Plovdiv District. It manufactures automatic equipment, such as switches, contactors, commutators, electrical relays, and magnetic starters, designed for voltages of up to 1,000 volts.

The Plovdiv Electrical Equipment Plant was founded in 1949 on the site of a small workshop. In 1963 the plant was transferred to a new complex of buildings, and the development and production of new types of items was begun. Between 1959 and 1973 the volume of production increased by a factor of 20. An instrument shop and a shop for processing plastics were put into service in 1972. The plant has been equipped with automatic equipment. Its products have repeatedly been awarded medals at the Plovdiv Fair. In 1973 the plant staff received the State Prize for developing and implementing advanced techniques in the manufacture of items for the Zhiguli automobile.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.