portfolio(redirected from Portfolio (disambiguation))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
1. a flat case, esp of leather, used for carrying maps, drawings, etc.
2. the contents of such a case, such as drawings, paintings, or photographs, that demonstrate recent work
3. such a case used for carrying ministerial or state papers
4. the responsibilities or role of the head of a government department
5. Minister without portfolio a cabinet minister who is not responsible for any government department
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005