Precision Mechanics and Computer Technology, Institute of

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Precision Mechanics and Computer Technology, Institute of

 

a research institute for the development of digital computers. Founded in 1948 in Moscow as part of the department of technical sciences of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, the institute deals with the development of high-speed computer equipment and software, the automation of digital computer design, the creation of an element base for computers, and the advancement of computer technology. The institute has experimental laboratories, design departments, and experimental production facilities. It trains scientific personnel through regular and correspondence graduate courses, and the institute’s academic council confers doctoral and candidate’s degrees. The institute publishes collections of scientific papers.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Full browser ?