Pridneprovsk State Regional Power Plant

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Pridneprovsk State Regional Power Plant

 

(full title, Fiftieth Anniversary of the Soviet Ukraine Pridne provsk State Regional Power Plant), located in the city of Pridneprovsk, Dnepropetrovsk Oblast, Ukrainian SSR. The design capacity is 2.4 gigawatts. Construction was begun in 1951, and the last unit went on-line in 1966. The generating machinery consists of six 100-megawatt (MW) turbine units, four 150-MW units, and four 300-MW units. Coal from the Donets basin and natural gas are used as fuel. Water is supplied by direct flow from the Dnieper River. The power plant is part of the Unified Power Grid of the South of the European part of the USSR. The electric power is fed into power transmission lines that carry voltages of 330, 154, and 35 kilovolts.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.