link(redirected from Project LINK)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. a connecting piece in a mechanism, often having pivoted ends
2. a unit of length equal to one hundredth of a chain. 1 link of a Gunter's chain is equal to 7.92 inches, and of an engineer's chain to 1 foot
A standardized part of a surveyor's chain, which is 7.92 inches (20.1168 centimeters) in the Gunter's chain and 1 foot (30.48 centimeters) in the engineer's chain.
General term used to indicate the existence of communications facilities between two points.
One of the rings of a chain.
A connecting piece in the moving parts of a machine.
link(1) In communications, a line, channel or circuit over which data are transmitted.
(2) An address that points to a Web page or other file (image, video, PDF, etc.) on a Web server. Links reside on Web pages, in email messages and word processing documents as well as any other document type that supports hypertext and URL addressing. See URL and hypertext.
(3) In data management, a pointer embedded within a record that refers to data or the location of data in another record.
(4) In programming, a call to another program or subroutine.