regular(redirected from Regulan)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Related to Regulan: Reglan
1. (of flowers) having any of their parts, esp petals, alike in size, shape, arrangement, etc.; symmetrical
a. (of a polygon) equilateral and equiangular
b. (of a polyhedron) having identical regular polygons as faces that make identical angles with each other
c. (of a prism) having regular polygons as bases
d. (of a pyramid) having a regular polygon as a base and the altitude passing through the centre of the base
e. another name for analytic
3. Botany another word for actinomorphic
4. subject to the rule of an established religious order or community
5. US Politics of, selected by, or loyal to the leadership or platform of a political party
6. Crystallog another word for cubic
7. a member of a religious order or congregation, as contrasted with a secular
8. US Politics a party member loyal to the leadership, organization, platform, etc., of his party
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Having radial symmetry, referring to a flower.
In a definite direction; not diffused or scattered, when applied to reflection, refraction, or transmission.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.