real(redirected from Reis)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Philosophy existent or relating to actual existence (as opposed to nonexistent, potential, contingent, or apparent)
2. Economics (of prices, incomes, wages, etc.) considered in terms of purchasing power rather than nominal currency value
3. denoting or relating to immovable property such as land and tenements
4. Physics See image
5. Maths involving or containing real numbers alone; having no imaginary part
a. (of the answer in a fugue) preserving the intervals as they appear in the subject
b. denoting a fugue as having such an answer
7. short for real number
a former small Spanish or Spanish-American silver coin
real3 the standard monetary unit of Brazil, divided into 100 centavos
2. a former coin of Portugal
Not simulated. Often used as a specific antonym to virtual in any of its jargon senses.