Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Related to Richardson: Samuel Richardson
Richardson,city (1990 pop. 74,840), Dallas and Collins counties, N Tex., a suburb of Dallas; founded in the 1850s, inc. as a city 1956. Richardson manufactures telecommunications equipment, medical devices, supercomputers, computer chips, and fiber optics. It is the site of the Univ. of Texas at Dallas and a Texas A&M research center.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia™ Copyright © 2013, Columbia University Press. Licensed from Columbia University Press. All rights reserved. www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/cup/
1. Dorothy M(iller). 1873--1957, British novelist, a pioneer of stream-of-consciousness writing: author of the novel sequence Pilgrimage (14 vols, 1915--67)
2. Henry Handel. pen name of Ethel Florence Lindesay Richardson, 1870--1946, Australian novelist; author of the trilogy The Fortunes of Richard Mahony (1917--29)
3. Sir Owen Willans. 1879--1959, British physicist; a pioneer in the study of atomic physics: Nobel prize for physics 1928
4. Sir Ralph (David). 1902--83, British stage and screen actor
5. Samuel. 1689--1761, British novelist whose psychological insight and use of the epistolary form exerted a great influence on the development of the novel. His chief novels are Pamela (1740) and Clarissa (1747)
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005