rim(redirected from Rim (disambiguation))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. the peripheral part of a wheel, to which the tyre is attached
2. Basketball the hoop from which the net is suspended
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
The outer part of a wheel, usually connected to the hub by spokes.
An outer edge or border, sometimes raised or projecting.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. The border or outer edge of anything which is circular or continuously curved.
2. Descriptive of any finish hardware which is designed for application to the face of a door or window, rather than for mortising.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
RIM(1) (Research In Motion Limited, Waterloo, Ontario, www.rim.com) The former name of BlackBerry. Established in 1984, RIM changed its name to BlackBerry in January 2013 when it introduced the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. See BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10.
(2) (Rambus Inline Memory module) See RDRAM.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.