Rodnei

Rodnei

 

(also Rodna), a mountain massif in northern Rumania, the highest in the eastern Carpathians. The Rodnei Mountains reach an elevation of 2,305 m (Mount Pietrosu). They are composed primarily of schists and granites; the western parts are primarily composed of flysch. There is alpine relief with traces of ancient glaciation in the crest area. Beech and coniferous forests are found in elevations of 1,400–1,500 m; higher up there are montane meadows and shrubs. A pyrite deposit (Rodna) is located in the mountains, and mineral springs are found in the Borşa River valley. There is logging and pasture livestock breeding. The Rodnei Mountains are popular with tourists. [22475–2]

References in periodicals archive ?
In addition, this summer, the club has signed Serbia Under-19s defender Milos Degenek from Stuttgart and Brazilian centre-back Rodnei from RB Leipzig.
Red Bull were already without the Ghanaian defender Isaac Vorsah, who has a knee injury, Brazilian stopper Rodnei with a groin knock, Norwegian playmaker Valon Berisha after knee surgery and Danish defender Asger Sorensen with an ankle injury.
A respeito da Revolucao, partimos aqui da leitura de Lowy (2002), onde Rodnei Nascimento nos diz: "Na atividade revolucionaria a mudanca de si mesma coincide com a transformacao das condicoes" (MARX; ENGELS apud LOWY, 2002, p.
The Transylvanian Depression represents the central part of the Romanian territory, standing out through its position delimited by the mountains of the Southern Carpathians, in the South (Fagaras, Cindrel, Sureanu Mountains), Apuseni Mountains in the West, the mountains of the Eastern Carpathians, in the East (Tibles, Bargau, Calimani, Harghita, Rodnei and Persani).
The president of the dockworkers' union, Rodnei Oliveira da Silva, said that, under Brazilian law, the company was required to use Brazilian longshoremen to unload the equipment in the terminal.
Out of this overall surface, 8% (which means 102,434 ha) is constituted by 827 scientific and natural reservations, as well as natural monuments, whilst the rest of 92% (of 1,132, 174.80 ha) is comprised by the eighteen existing nature and national parks, by the biosphere reservations in Retezat Mountains and Pietrosul Rodnei (both declared by UNESCO in 1979) totalling a 552,174 ha (that is 45%), as well as the Biosphere Reservation Danube Delta the surface of which represents 47%, that is 580,000 ha.