Rovnoe

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Rovnoe

 

an urban-type settlement and administrative center of Rovnoe Raion, Saratov Oblast, RSFSR. Situated on the left bank of Volgograd Reservoir 110 km below Saratov, Rovnoe has an industrial combine and a hatchery.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
In the hungry year 1919, Frank took a leave of absence and spent a year in the German colony Rovnoe on the Volga.
The difficult task of toponymically re-inventing the Kaliningrad Oblast is summed up in one of Buida's stories in these words: In the former East Prussia, from which in 1948 was deported the last indigenous German and which was rapidly repopulated by people hailing from the provinces of Novgorod and Pskov, from Moscow and Yaroslavl, from Kalinin-Tver and from Smolensk, and also from nearby Belorussia, streets and neighborhoods were hastily renamed, resulting in dozens of streets being called Vishnevka and Nekrasovka, the German Taplakken was simply reconstituted as Taplaki, Ramau became Rovnoe, and the deliciously nationalist name of the central square of the province capital, the Square of the Three Marshals ...