STN


Also found in: Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

STN

(SuperTwisted Nematic) A passive matrix LCD technology that provides better contrast than twisted nematic (TN) by twisting the molecules from 90 degrees to 180 and beyond. See LCD types.
References in periodicals archive ?
These new appointments are the first of many which will change the face of STN.
The company said that STN has installed the Isilon X-Series, which features its OneFS operating system, to simplify its content management by unifying its data onto a central shared storage resource.
Source: STN International, Karlsruhe, Germany, 011-49-7247-808-555; http://www.
STN Atlas is currently jointly controlled by Rheinmetall, which holds 51% of the shares, and BAE Systems, which holds the remaining 49% of the shares.
The STN began operation in late 1999, and there are currently a total of 54 STN sites.
STN on the Web offers a collection of specialist databases covering all aspects of science and technology, including chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology data, range of unique physical and chemical property databases, a cluster of the world's patent databases, a range of engineering information, and a library of general sci-tech and related business information.
The fee structure for STN Easy is the result of a different paradigm in database pricing," says McCue.
We are pleased that Storwize STN appliances qualify for the VMware Ready[TM] logo, signifying to customers that it has passed specific VMware testing and interoperability criteria and is ready to run their mission-critical business applications and operations," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware.
STN predicts growth and rising demand across the entire African market, a trend that will remain strong for the next several years, says LovEiin.
We welcome the opportunity to provide STN users worldwide access to additional CSA databases.
In a separate announcement, CAS reported the release of STN Express with Discover
In 1998, STN introduced STN Easy, a user-friendly Web interface to some of the STN databases (http://www.