Also found in: Wikipedia.
part of the seacoast of Wilkes Land (East Antarctica), extending approximately 300 km between Cape Southard in the east (122° 05’ E long.) and the Totten outlet glacier in the west (116° 02’ E long.). The greater part of the Sa-brina Coast consists of the Moscow University Ice Shelf, which adjoins the continental glacial cap, whose surface drops steeply to the south. The coast was discovered by the British expedition of J. Balleny in March 1839. In 1957 and 1958 it was explored by a Soviet antarctic expedition. It was given its name by the Australian arctic explorer D. Mawson in 1931, in honor of the ship used by Balleny’s expedition.