References in periodicals archive ?
(11) Since, as supporting characters, Labienus and Sceva inevitably gravitate around Caesar, I suggest that their function is to foster the ambiguity, already established by Lucan, which has shaped Caesar's image both as a political allegory and as a personality.
A March 2 sentencing date was set for 23-year-old Corydon Wesley Sceva (pronounced SEE-vuh.) He was arrested last month after the Oregon Department of Justice investigated a tip from America Online that someone used Sceva's AOL account in October to e-mail sexually explicit images of children.
Then we read that Preste Juan's kingdoms are full of riches, and that he lives in the richest part, called Sceva, which is very specifically located: "debaxo del Polo Antartico a veynte y dos grados" (XVIII, 7, 150r).
(19) Vega menciona: "No los dos Publios Decios, que las vidas sacrificaron por la patria amada, ni Curcio, Horacio, Scevola y Leonidas dieron muestra de si tan senalada: ni aquellos que en la guerras mas renidas alcanzaron gran fama por la espada, Furio, Marcelo, Fulvio, Cincinato, Marco Sergio, Filon, Sceva y Dentato.
The story of the "sons of Sceva" in Acts 19 is an example of the fact that God's grace in evangelism should not be taken for granted.
Artefice della presunta scoperta fu il raffinatissimo poeta lionese Maurice Sceve: Nel millecinquecentotrentatre, fu trovato in Avignone, per la molta diligenzia del molto dotto e virtuoso Messer Maurizio Sceva, in una sepoltura antica d'una cappella della chiesa de' frati Minori, una scatola di piombo chiusa con un filo di rame, dentro la quale era una membrana scrittovi il sottoscritto sonetto e una medaglia con una figura d'una Donna picciolissima da una banda e da l'altra nulla, con queste lettere attorno: M.
K.'s discussion of the disastrous failure on the part of the sons of Sceva (Acts 19:13-16) is fascinating, implying the failure of pagan magic in the face of the Christian gospel.
Do not trifle with demons who will recognize a mountebank as they did when the seven sons of Sceva attempted an exorcism.
"Olla and Sceva: The Story of a Friendship" is actually the story of the consequences of a broken friendship, whereas in "Het voorschoot" (The Apron) a witch's son inherits his mother's magic apron, which turns out to be as much a hindrance as a help.
Corydon Wesley Sceva was booked into the Lane County Jail on seven counts of first-degree encouraging child sex abuse and seven counts of second-degree encouraging child sex abuse, Attorney General John Kroger announced Tuesday.
Jillian Ricard, Joel Rice, Jason Ridge, Ryan Ritchie, Karissa Roberts, Michael Robertson, Tiffany Rockwell, Elissa Ross, Jonathan Sampson, Corydon Sceva, Jena Shaw, Theron Sikora, Timothy Simpson, Kayla Sirotek, Eileen Smith, Brian Sogge, Charles Sohm, Kenyon Solecki, Trisha Spence , Madeline Sprague, Jacob Steinberger, Garrett Strader, Tyler Stubbert.
Starting with the 171-pound match, Mike Newcomer, Kyle Slaven (189), Travis Cameron (215) and Cory Sceva (275) recorded consecutive pins to lead Pleasant Hill to a 37-36 Sky-Em League prep wrestling victory over host La Pine on Thursday night.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- scene analysis
- scene description language
- scene design and stage lighting
- scene dock
- scene paint
- scene shop
- scenery wagon
- Scenic America
- Scenic Beach State Park
- Scenic State Park
- scent gland
- scent test
- scented geraniums
- scented mahogany
- Scève, Maurice
- Schacht, Hjalmar Horace Greeley
- Schacht, Joseph
- Schachter's Hypothesis
- Schädel, Gottfried Johann
- Schadow, Johann Gottfried
- Schaefer, Vincent J.
- Schaeffer's salt
- Schafarik, Pavel Josef
- Schafer State Park
- Schafer, Roy
- Schaff, Philip
- Schäffle, Albert
- Schäffle, Albert Eberhard Friedrich
- Schafrík, Pavel Josef
- Schairer, John Frank
Full browser ?
- Scève, Maurice
- SCF Online Account Management