theatre(redirected from Schauspielhaus)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to Schauspielhaus: Thalia
a. a building designed for the performance of plays, operas, etc.
b. (as modifier): a theatre ticket
2. a room in a hospital or other medical centre equipped for surgical operations
3. plays regarded collectively as a form of art
4. the theatre the world of actors, theatrical companies, etc.
5. writing that is suitable for dramatic presentation
6. US, Austral, NZ the usual word for cinema
7. a circular or semicircular open-air building with tiers of seats