(Rural Newspaper), a republic newspaper of the Byelorussian SSR, published in Russian. Founded in 1921, the newspaper was originally published under the name Belaruskaia vioska (Byelorussian Village); subsequently the name was changed several times. The newspaper acquired its present name in 1962. It is published in Minsk six times a week. It has been awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor (1971). Circulation, 148,400 (1975).