Słupsk(slo͞opsk), Ger. Stolp, city (1993 est. pop. 102,800), Pomorskie prov., NW Poland. It is a rail junction and commercial center with industries manufacturing furniture, footwear, agricultural machinery, and leather goods. Nearby are lignite mines. Chartered in 1310, Słupsk passed in 1648 from Poland to Brandenburg (after 1701 known as Prussia). It reverted to Poland in 1945. Landmarks include a 16th-century castle and 14th-century town gates.
a city in northern Poland and administrative center of Słupsk Województwo. Population, 74,800 (1974). Słupsk is noted for the production of machinery, including ship’s equipment and agricultural machinery, and for the processing of foodstuffs, such as confectioneries, dairy and meat products, starch, and beer. The city also produces furniture and clothing and has a large shoe factory. Słupsk has a pedagogic institute. [23–1763–]