sole(redirected from Solè)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
common name for any member of the unique and widespread order Pleuronectiformes containing over 500 species (including the flounder, halibut, plaice, sole, and turbot), 130 of which are American.
..... Click the link for more information. .
The horizontal member beneath the studs in a framed building.
Electrode used in magnetrons and backward-wave oscillators to carry a current that generates a magnetic field in the direction wanted.
The lowest part of a valley.
The bottom of a sedimentary stratum.
The middle and lower portion of the shear surface of a landslide.
The underlying fault plane of a thrust nappe. Also known as sole plane.
The basal ice of a glacier, often dirty in appearance due to contained rock fragments.
1. Same as solepiece.
2. Same as soleplate.
Law having no wife or husband
1. the underside of the foot
2. the underside of a golf-club head
3. the bottom of an oven, furnace, etc.
1. any tongue-shaped flatfish of the family Soleidae, esp Solea solea (European sole): most common in warm seas and highly valued as food fishes
2. any of certain other similar fishes