Stamo, Evgenii Nikolaevich
Born Aug. 17 (30), 1912, in Kiev. Soviet architect. Honored Architect of the RSFSR (1969).
Stamo studied with V. N. Simbirtsev and L. V. Rudnev at the Moscow Architectural Institute from 1932 to 1936. His work in Moscow, done in collaboration with others, includes a residential building on Tchaikovsky Street (1952), the Kremlin Palace of Congresses (1959–61; Lenin Prize, 1962), 19-story residential buildings on Lenin Prospect (block numbers 32–33,1965–67), the Matveevskoe residential district (construction began in 1966), blocks on Nesvizhskii and Khol’zunov lanes (1966–69), the embassy building of the Hungarian People’s Republic (1967), and the Progress Publishing House (1976).
Stamo has been awarded the Order of Lenin.