stria(redirected from Striæ medullares)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Geology any of the parallel scratches or grooves on the surface of a rock caused by abrasion resulting from the passage of a glacier, motion on a fault surface, etc.
2. fine ridges and grooves on the surface of a crystal caused by irregular growth
3. Biology anatomy a narrow band of colour or a ridge, groove, or similar linear mark, usually occurring in a parallel series
4. Architect a narrow channel, such as a flute on the shaft of a column
A minute line, band, groove, or channel.
1. A fillet.
2. A rib, esp. one repeated to give texture.